Re: failure notice (about relays.osirusoft.com)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:18, Jason Lim wrote:
> Its not justificaiton. But if TWO men kill people, why does it make it
> okay for the USA murder to go free, while the Asian murder gets the ax?

We are not talking about murder here, we are talking about blocking email
which is a far less serious matter.

In the case of murder what happens to the murderer depends on the laws of the
country the crime is comitted in.  There are many countries where you can
literally "get away with murder" because of their lack of suitable laws and
law enforcement.

This issue of different laws also corresponds to the spam situation.  In the
English speaking part of the Internet if you don't respond to an English
language complaint regarding spam then you are regarded as protecting the
spammer and treated accordingly.  In Asia the rules are different.  So
sometimes spammers get away more easily in the US because they will argue
their case instead of just accepting a default judgement against them.

Note that in a civil trial, if you decline to attend the trial then the
judgement will almost certainly not be in your favour.  Also note that in a
criminal trial, trying to escape from custody before the trial will not help
your case.

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 15:36, Jason Lim wrote:
> I sincerely did not consider that racist. Some people are overly
> politically sensitive... some people go off the handle when you say
> "Asian", since "Asia" is actually comprised of many different peoples and

There is some confusion, when someone refers to an individual as "an Asian"
then it's probably not meant in a nice way.  But referring to the policies of
Asian governments is a totally different matter.

> nations. But I'm not like that... and I believe that Russell isn't like
> that either. Hopefully you weren't offended by those comments, Russell. If
> you were I apologize... it was not intended as a racist remark.

No offense at all.  I disagree with some of your statements, but I can
understand why you make them, and we can spend some time in a friendly debate
about them.