Re: failure notice (about relays.osirusoft.com)

> if you really cared about the issue, you'd be a lot more productive if
> you spent your energies explaining to chinese-speaking sysadmins what
> the spam problem is, why they've been black-listed and what they can do
> to get off the list.  that would be far more effective than whining on
> english-speaking mailing lists and newsgroups.

Now..... this answer is not acceptable i think. Although, well, everyone
is free to speak their mind.

IF This guy is indeed internally blocking, for personal reasons, a list
that is community supported (in the sense that the community trusts it),
then Lim's accusation is valid and serius i think.

I mean, there should be no "hidden" records of a list like this one,
they should all be open. Otherwise its like a trojan horse to put ppl
out of business.

Now, i dont know whos spamming who, i hate spam as well. I know most of
spam abusers and spam itself comes from Asia, speciffically tw and hk.

But even in the shady LUG of my Mexican home town, actually last
saturday (anyone else thinks there is a Jungian effect in debian-isp?),
we were discussing ways to stop spammers at the mailing lists, or what
policies should the group enforce to reduce spamming.

Someone actually suggested blocking all of Asia to which every single
member objected. Cant do that, ONE lost mail directed to us by a lost
mexican newbie living in Hong Kong is reason enough to not block this
way.

So actually, being told that an important, widely accepted tool as osiru
is being secretly controled and changed by one guy is not a hapy
thought. I will object to its use if the guys at the LUG propose it as
an option to our spam problem.

Alex