Re: pop3 and Maildir

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:18:17 +1000, Mitchell
<mjs@blitz-technology.net> wrote:
>Hi, I was wundering if anyone knows of any pop3 daemons for Debian that
>support the Maildir format.  We are currently using exim as our MTA with
>courier-imap for access to the mailboxes.  I have as yet been unable to
>find a courier-pop3d package for Debian, and it would seam that this is
>only available as part of the entire courier MTA package which provides
>imap, MTA, mailing lists, and such.

Stefan Hornburg ist working on new packages for courier, with a
dedicated package for courier-pop. We are currently evaluating
courier-imap and courier-pop3d on our internal mail server and will
sonn migrate our customer mail server to courier-imap and courier-pop
while exim will still be used as MTA.

There is also solid-pop3d (woody packages easily backportable to
potato) which supports Maildirs as well.

Greetings
Marc