Re: pop3 and Maildir

-----Original Message-----
From: Felipe Alvarez Harnecker <felipe@qlsoft.cl>
To: Roger Abrahamsson <roger@obbit.se>
Cc: debian-isp@lists.debian.org <debian-isp@lists.debian.org>
Date: den 14 februari 2001 15:51
Subject: Re: pop3 and Maildir

Well, the pam authentication only allows for cleartext
or mysqls password() format, and also it dont allow for
telling the server where to find the mailbox and what uid/gid to use.
I've tried it, and basically it dont fill the needs I have, it would need to
fill the 'account' role also.

Regards
Roger A

>What about cyrus* ? I'm using it and very happy.
>
>It has pam support so mysql auth would be no prob.
>
>Cheers.
>
>F.
>
>Roger Abrahamsson writes:
> > On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Christofer Algotsson wrote:
> >
> > Well, all I've seen is that the qmail system seems to be an integrated
> > package. We here are also looking into switching to maildirs, and
> > courier-imap seems very nice, especially with mysql authentication.
Latest

listmaster@lists.debian.org