Re: [Solved/is it a RC bug?] Re: Configuring both ipv4 and ipv6 with ifupdown

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 10:53:23PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Paul TBBle Hampson wrote:

> > > That doesn't seem very appropriate as it would only address the issue on
> > > newly installed systems, leaving upgraded systems unfixed.
> >
> > I'm not sure you can really do much for newly-installed systems...
> >
> > I think the ipv6 addresses in /etc/hosts similarly could only be
> > automatically added on new installs.
> >
> > I could be wrong about that though.
>
> Yes, which suggests that adding ipv6 to /etc/hosts is not the best

You meant /etc/modules, weren't you?

> solution to this problem. An alternative, for example, would be to have
> ifup make sure it was loaded before upping an inet6 address.

So you think the bug report should be against ifupdown? From reading
this thread I am hesitating about what to do finally (a bug against
'general', 'ifupdown' or whatever).

Thanks,
Frédéric