Re: Help with 6to4 on a router

Jeroen Massar a écrit :
On Thu, 2006-03-30 at 23:38 +0200, Pascal Hambourg wrote:

an IPv6 stack for Win2k on Microsoft official site [3] ;)

Yes, but it actually provides some (apparently limited) IPv6 support on my Win2k station. Stateless autoconfiguration using Router Advertisement from radvd running on my Debian gateway and the utilities provided by the patch (ftp, telnet, ping6, tracert6) work, but I have been unable to have any supposedly IPv6-capable web browser or FTP client such as Mozilla/Firefox or FileZilla working on it. *Sigh*

Well, as Win2k was the platform I did PuTTY IPv6 on

Did you ? Well, thanks a lot for it, I appreciated. :-)

I am pretty sure that should work.

Indeed I forgot to mention that PuTTY IPv6 works. Sure I can do SMTP, POP3, NNTP, even HTTP over IPv6 with it but unfortunately that's not so convenient.

The reason MSIE doesn't work is because of wininet.dll

I hardly use MSIE (too many flaws, too often), so I didn't even bother trying to browse IPv6 sites with it. Do you know whether other software such as Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird use this DLL ?

You can circumvent that partially by using the binaries from:

http://www.sixxs.net/archive/windows/

Which as the README in it tells you are patched up versions of
wininet.dll so that it should be newer than what is available.

I know, I have them on my hard disk. But even those files are older (2003) than the wininet.dll on my workstation (2005). So I'm afraid that they still contain some uncorrected flaws. :-(

General idea is: Avoid Win2k (this is a debian list afterall ;)

Sorry, I'm not ready for this. Debian is just fine as my gateway/firewall/server, but not yet as my workstation.