Re: Help with 6to4 on a router

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 10:37:18AM -0600, George P Boutwell wrote:
> Ok..
>
>   I have 6to4 setup and working (I believe reliably) for some time now
> on my router.  Now I want my IPv4 (only capable of IPv4) machines
> behind this router to be able to browse and use IPv6 hosts?  Is this
> possible?  How?  Thanks.

That doesn't really make sense.

If the ipv4 hosts have no ipv6 capabilities, how do you expect them to
exchange packets with ipv6 hosts?  They won't be able to do DNS
look-ups returning ipv6 address.

Generally, ipv4-only hosts can only talk to ipv4 hosts.  You could do
some gymnastics with proxying if you have specific sites you need to
access.  You're better off enabling ipv6 on these machines.