Re: USAGI IPv6 patches

¡Hola!

>  > I believe it is too early to import it into main tree.
>  > Please, please give us some time...

> I find these comments amusing since for the past few months people
> have been hounding us endlessly to include the USAGI ipv6 patches
> Everyone told us that ipv6 in our tree was buggy, and that the USAGI
> ipv6 patches fixed all the bugs and would even bring about world peace
> if included into the main tree :-)

> Now we are being told that the code is not ready.

Maybe that's because us who want to have some USAGI features on
the mainstream kernel are mainly working in usermode and just want
to be able to do some things the right way (the way we think is
right, at least) without switching to bsd.

I've explained why there are some features of USAGI that are important
for the debian ipv6 project. Usermode programming with linux mainstream
bind semantics is painful, and we cannot force debian to adopt USAGI (and
really, don't want to)

> Later,
> David S. Miller
> davem@redhat.com