Re: USAGI IPv6 patches

In article <[🔎] 20010316160702.C12068@tinuviel.compendium.net.ar> (at Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:07:02 -0300), horape@tinuviel.compendium.net.ar says:

> > > I hope this is the start of a more fluid feedback between mainstream linux
> > > and USAGI developers.
> > We plan to start feedback in April (after my movement to Tokyo :-).
> > Please, please give us (me in fact) more time...
>
> Of course, but would you object if we start helping a bit on it?

No, but DOUBLE_BIND is still in experimental feature in our development;
USAGI Project is development project and its products may contain many
experimental / unstable / possible problematic ... features with configuration
options.  DOUBLE_BIND is one of them.
Changing ipv4-mapped addresses handling and/or bind(2) bahavior introduces
many confusing and another possible security issues / problems, and
we should consider about them.

I believe it is too early to import it into main tree.

Please, please give us some time...

--
Hideaki YOSHIFUJI @ USAGI Project  <yoshfuji@linux-ipv6.org>
PGP5i FP: F731 6599 5EB2 BBA7 1515  1323 1806 A96F 5700 6B25