Re: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS wrt keyman

Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote on 16.03.22 18:28:
[...]

I may be completely wrong here. It looks like the handling of dbgsym files is an area where Debian and Ubuntu diverge, and I reacted with my Ubuntu hat on.

I built the thing on my Debian testing installation before uploading, and then the dbgsym files got .deb extensions. When building the very same source on (coming) Ubuntu 22.04 the dbgsym files get .ddeb extensions. So it happens automatically, and hence is not a package matter at all. It looks like Ubuntu's version of debhelper includes some change which explains this difference in behavior.

So maybe all is well, after all, and we can simply await the ftp-master review. If somebody sees this and can confirm, it would be great.

That would explain why I see different results from our internal package build (where we target Ubuntu) and the ones uploaded to Debian, and why I couldn't find anything obviously different in the build process from before 😁.

Thanks for the explanation!

Eberhard