Re: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS wrt keyman

Hi Eberhard,

On 2022-03-10 19:07, Eberhard Beilharz wrote:
Hi Gunnar,

we just released a new version of Keyman, Keyman 15, and I just uploaded
that to mentors.debian.net <https://mentors.debian.net/package/keyman/>.

Hmm.. So you turned it into one source package. That's good in the long run, but makes it more complicated just now.

If I understand it correctly, you want to create a new source package named keyman which would build the binary packages which have until now been built by:

- ibus-keyman
- keyman-config
- keyman-keyboardprocessor

With that those three source packages will be deleted from unstable/testing later.

What about kmflcomp, libkmfl and ibus-kmfl? Is the intention to silently stop upgrading those? Are they obsolete and should be dropped?

In any case, the fact that the keyman source package does not exist yet means that it will need to be reviewed by a ftp-master. As far as I know you will need to submit an ITP bug against the pseudo package wnpp (<https://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/>) and explain your intention there. Then we'll need to do a binary upload to Debian's NEW queue, and it may take some time before it gets attention there.

However, I'm not 100% sure about what I just wrote. I cc'ed this message to the mailing list. Maybe somebody knows about a simpler way when it's really just a source package consolidation. Boyuan, somebody else?

Would it still be possible to get that into Ubuntu 22.04? Although the
major version number increased it's mainly bug fixes on the Linux side.

In the light of the above, would it be an option to you that we upload version 14.0.287 in the usual way to start with, and deal with the source package consolidation afterwards?

--
Rgds,
Gunnar