Re: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS wrt keyman

On 2022-03-16 18:28, Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
On 2022-03-16 15:35, Eberhard Beilharz wrote:
Gunnar Hjalmarsson wrote:
Since I did a binary upload, the built .deb files are
included. But I now see that also the dbgsym files have .deb
extensions instead of .ddeb, so Debian thinks they are new.
Probably you should change that, so the dbgsym files are named
with .ddeb extensions. Then I can sponsor again.

Do you know out of your head how to change to .ddeb extension?

Not really. But why not look at the packaging of the old source
packages? The dbgsym packages are already built and present in the
archive with .ddeb extensions.

Second thoughts..

I may be completely wrong here. It looks like the handling of dbgsym
files is an area where Debian and Ubuntu diverge, and I reacted with
my Ubuntu hat on.

I built the thing on my Debian testing installation before uploading,
and then the dbgsym files got .deb extensions. When building the
very same source on (coming) Ubuntu 22.04 the dbgsym files get .ddeb
extensions. So it happens automatically, and hence is not a package
matter at all. It looks like Ubuntu's version of debhelper includes
some change which explains this difference in behavior.

So maybe all is well, after all, and we can simply await the
ftp-master review. If somebody sees this and can confirm, it would be
great.

I asked Jeremy Bicha, and he basically confirmed the latter and saw no reason to worry. So let's just enter waiting mode as regards this NEW item. :)

--
Cheers,
Gunnar