Re: rx2660 + debian

> On 2022/Apr/09, at 13:04, Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:
>
> On 09.04.22 20:53, Frank Scheiner wrote:
>> On 09.04.22 20:43, Anton Borisov wrote:
>>> None of the kernels from 5.x tree worked for me. Everytime I hit that
>>> memcpy BUG. I've booted off from
>>> https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2019-07-16/
>>> <https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2019-07-16/> - it
>>> was perfect in terms of initial boot and launching the install shell.
>>> But then it stuck at "detect and mount CD" (step 3 of launcher).
>>
>> IIRC the kernel on the installer ISOs is a generic one. Maybe that makes
>> a difference.
>
> Just installed the generic one (`-itanium` instead of `-mckinley`) and
> did sum benchmarking and didn't notice any issues. So the kernel type
> seems to make no difference - at least not for my rx2620.
>
> ****
>
> On 09.04.22 21:52, Anton Borisov wrote:
> > It is 9040 (from installer's shell):
> >
> > arch       : IA-64
> > family     : 32
> > model      : 0
> > model name : Dual-Core Intel(R) Itanium(R) Processor 9040
> > revision   : 7
> > archrev    : 0
> > features   : branchlong, 16-byte atomic ops
> > cpu number : 0
> > cpu regs   : 4
> > cpu MHz    : 1594.666
> > itc MHz    : 399.164976
> > BogoMIPS   : 3182.59
> > siblings   : 4
> > physical id: 0
> > core id    : 0
> > thread id  : 0
>
> Ok, so a Montecito, too.

My machine is a Montvale.

vendor     : GenuineIntel
arch       : IA-64
family     : 32
model      : 1
model name : Dual-Core Intel(R) Itanium(R) Processor 9150N
revision   : 1
archrev    : 0
features   : branchlong, 16-byte atomic ops
cpu number : 0
cpu regs   : 4
cpu MHz    : 1594.661
itc MHz    : 399.163750
BogoMIPS   : 3182.59
siblings   : 4
physical id: 0
core id    : 0
thread id  : 0

But I am still on Linux rx2660 4.19.0-5-mckinley #1 SMP Debian 4.19.37-5 (2019-06-19) ia64 GNU/Linux

Is there anything I can do to help this investigation?

One question (a rather basic one):

What is the right configuration for ‘atp’ on an machine with ia64 debian ports?

When I run ‘atp update’ I get the following error:

Get:1 http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports sid InRelease [24.2 kB]
Err:1 http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports sid InRelease
  The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 5A88D659DCB811BB
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports sid InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 5A88D659DCB811BB
E: The repository 'http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports sid InRelease' is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.