Re: rx2660 + debian

cpuinfo was from RHEL 5.4 environment. IIRC it had 2.6.18 kernel, that's why such a tight model name. I'll give more details on my next boot with a fresh snapshot...

None of the kernels from 5.x tree worked for me. Everytime I hit that memcpy BUG. I've booted off from https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2019-07-16/ - it was perfect in terms of initial boot and launching the install shell. But then it stuck at "detect and mount CD" (step 3 of launcher).

On Sat, Apr 9, 2022 at 7:25 PM Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:
On 09.04.22 13:45, Anton Borisov wrote:
> my info so far:
>
> [root@rx2660 ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo |less
>
> vendor     : GenuineIntel
> arch       : IA-64
> family     : Itanium 2
> model      : 0
> revision   : 7
> archrev    : 0
> features   : branchlong, 16-byte atomic ops
> cpu number : 0
> cpu regs   : 4
> cpu MHz    : 1594.000670
> itc MHz    : 399.165948
> BogoMIPS   : 3186.68
> siblings   : 4
> physical id: 0
> core id    : 0
> thread id  : 0

Hm, this doesn't contain the model name for some reason.

What kernel are you running there currently?

And what 5.x kernel specifically doesn't work correctly for you?

> P/n for this cpu: AH238-2100A (18mb L2 cache)

According to its frequency readout it could be a 9040 (Montecito) or a
9140N (Montvale) (see [1] for details).

[1]: https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Itanium_2/index.html

Cheers,
Frank