Re: rx2660 + debian

Hello Anton!

On 4/9/22 20:43, Anton Borisov wrote:
> cpuinfo was from RHEL 5.4 environment. IIRC it had 2.6.18 kernel, that's
> why such a tight model name. I'll give more details on my next boot with
> a fresh snapshot...
>
> None of the kernels from 5.x tree worked for me. Everytime I hit that memcpy
> BUG. I've booted off from https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/ports/snapshots/2019-07-16/
> - it was perfect in terms of initial boot and launching the install shell. But then it
> stuck at "detect and mount CD" (step 3 of launcher).

Please make sure you are installing the latest possible firmware versions for both the
system and the RAID controller. The Itanium machines can show various issues with Linux
when the firmware is too old.

My RX2660 wouldn't boot with SMP with newer kernels, for example, until I upgraded the
firmware of the RAID controller to the latest version. Before that, I always had to
pass "nosmp" or the RAID controller wouldn't get detected.

You should also make sure you don't have any bad memory by running a program for testing
the main memory such as memtest86.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz