Re: vidalia 0.1.9-1: Please translate debconf PO for the package vidalia

Quoting UlisesVitulli (uvitulli@fi.uba.ar):

> You may think it's silly, but It's a way for me to have some "trust" on
> translations I'm not able to read/webtranslate (for example, one in
> Chinese).

Well, I don't really see the value added by a GPG signature.

Several people I know in the Debian i18n world have no GPG key at
all. Some even don't know how GPG works.

Still, I trust them and I think they're doing a good job. And this,
even though I indeed have no way to know if I'm right. After all, that
Ethiopian sailor who works on Amharic translations of D-I from his
boat and sends them to me when he reaches a harbour is maybe writing
crap in these funky Amharic characters.

But, still, I trust him for doing the best translation he can do and,
imho, this is how things should work.

And this is how they work. So requesting for GPG signed mails is just
breaking out our processes.

> > This is quite tight, given the review cycles of several teams. Usually
> > 10 days are recommended as minimum.
> >
> I know, but this is the way things goes, I tried to avoid fast
> translators to file bugs as soon as we uploaded the package, nothing more.
> Moreover, If translators find unabled to accomplish that deadline, they
> might send them lately or report it wishlist, as usual.

The only thing you risk this way is us rushing out (just like I'll do
with French) to complete the translation because we don't want your
package to blow out our statistics. And, thus, there could be trivial
errors that a careful review would avoid (I'm well known for being the
worst typist ever).

> > There are several minor issues still:
> >
> Thanks for pointing at them, the spaces are added into the .pot by
> 'debconf-updatepo', not me. I fixed your suggestions.

debconf-updatepo adds nothing. Extra spaces are due to trailing spaces
in the templates file (which could have benefit from a review in
debian-l10n-english: we generally spot these things)

> > Please unfuzzy all translations (as they are currently all complete,
> > this is not a problem, but if you have questions, please *ask*).
> >
> I will, don't worry about it :-)

We'll see...:-)