Re: Importing all DDTP PO files in Pootle....

On 15/07/2008, at 10:10 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

...just killed Pootle...:-)

According to Friedel Wolff, this is not really a surprise.

He expects the development version to have better chances to
survive...

We could try it with the dev version, since this is a testing server.

The name "pootle-diet" is a bit misleading for the dev. version, since we actually need Pootle to eat more, not less (and without burping or complaining).

Indeed, the load we're putting on the poor Pootle is fairly high:

pootle@churro:~/ddtp$ find . -name \*.po | wc -l
584127

Getting info for half a million files is not something really usual...

Wow! That's a lot more files even than the OpenOffice.org server: OOo has over half a million words in the corpus now, but not as many files.

If we're going to host the DDTP as well, and debconf (and hopefully doc files), Pootle will be handling a lot more small files: it won't be as much the mass of data, as the details for so many files.

But every bit we get working will be a big step forward in removing barriers to participation. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n