Re: DDTP-Links on CDD tasks web pages

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 11:10:52AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Michael Bramer (grisu@debian.org):
>
> > > That's a solution, but would require a whole bunch of coding, and
> > > seriously, shouldn't there be effort to get pootle going, which will
> > > make all this redundant?
> >
> > Please don't wait of pootle...
>
> (dropping Martijn who's subscribed to -i18n.... I think you are too,
> grisu, but I have a small doubt)

I am on -i18n

> Why?
>
> I've had a fairly good success importing the PO files that are lying
> around on churro for German and Japanese, into Pootle.
>
> Quite a while ago, I worked on a script that could merge PO data from
> the DDTP into Pootle....so, assuming that Pootle survives the load (it
> survived the load with 2 languages) and that we have a way to export
> the work done on it to DDTP data, I don't see why we would give up on
> it for the DDTP.
>
> The only limitation is available time by involved parties, but that
> should be something we discuss either at Debconf for those who will be
> there....or at the Extremadura meeting we should organize around
> November (something we should keep time to discuss about, when we'll
> be at Debconf).

I understand andreas. He is looking for a easy way to
 - translate untranslated description
 - fix a translated description

I nice web interface like the ddtss is ok, but today this put all
'klicks' on the pending list and this add a load to the ddtss
translators.

I like the request feature.

now pootle:

I don't see pootle in 'some month' comming and I like to improve the
ddtp and the ddtss. Wrong?

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  - a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"Theory means you have ideas; ideology means ideas have you"