Re: DDTP-Links on CDD tasks web pages

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 02:12:16PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jul 2008, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
>
> >In other words, you want to remove the force option? The use case I
> >have is where I know some packages I want to translated but havn't
> >checked if they're translated. I can just type in the package name and
> >nothing happens if its already done.
>
> Well, hmmmm, yes.  Somehow I think what you call "force" is nothing
> like force - it's rather asking for a review.
>
> >The practical problem is that when a package is requested to be
> >translated it is loaded into the DDTSS database (which is seperate
> >from the DDTP) and once there is has to be edited, and checked by two
> >people before it can be resubmitted as a new translation and removed
> >from the DDTSS. If you look at the DDTSS you can see many packages
> >which have been requested to be translated and then never actually
> >done. I'm worried that just blindly assuming "force" will make the
> >problem worse.
>
> Yes, I can understand your doubt - but what is a reasonable solution?
> I have detected broken translations and want to fix it.

there is a solution:
Martijn give andreas a url, that:
 - get the description and translation from the ddtp-db
 - don't store it in the ddtss db
 - show it on the web page, like the review process
 - only if the user make changes, store it in the ddtss db and set the
   user as translator/reviewer

After this other user can review the new translation and the ddtss can
import the new stuff in the ddtp

> BTW, are there any experiences how long it might take until a fixed
> description is available.  I think I worked on either med-imaging
> or med-imaging-dev (which had a wrong spelling for the German word
> Paket (=package)) but now there is no translation at all (neither
> the old with spelling error nor the new one).

What source did you check? The ddtp-apt-sources is build daily

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -   http://www.feuerwehr.kreuzau.de/wiki/
"Unix ist ein Konzept! Windows hat garkeins (oder wo sind die Gemeinsamkeiten