Re: DDTP-Links on CDD tasks web pages

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> Well, I would like to have the same result as if I would have checked
> the "force" button in the initial form which enables me to edit the
> existing translation.

In other words, you want to remove the force option? The use case I
have is where I know some packages I want to translated but havn't
checked if they're translated. I can just type in the package name and
nothing happens if its already done.

The practical problem is that when a package is requested to be
translated it is loaded into the DDTSS database (which is seperate
from the DDTP) and once there is has to be edited, and checked by two
people before it can be resubmitted as a new translation and removed
from the DDTSS. If you look at the DDTSS you can see many packages
which have been requested to be translated and then never actually
done. I'm worried that just blindly assuming "force" will make the
problem worse.

In other words, I want to have a way of making your links work,
without putting unnessesary work on the translation teams that have to
review and check the result.

There are other effects, like if person A has already put a new
translation for review in the DDTSS, person B using the force option
will restart the whole process, effectively shortcutting the work
person A has already done. The way it is currently it will pop-up
person A's work if they click on your link.

(When is Pootle going to be ready so all this stuff can be removed?).

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/