Re: Package name?

Quoting Gerfried Fuchs (rhonda@deb.at):

> > Something that I already mentioned to maintainers each time they were
> > breaking templates for these packages (which happened a *lot*)...
>
>  Well, if it happens a *lot* it would be sufficient for me to justify a
> debian-devel-announce mail about it. Do you want to write one yourself,
> have a suggestion for a text for it, or leave this decision to someone
> else completely? I am lacking the background about the *lot*
> unfortunately, but I trust you that your emphasis is justified.

My initial statement was apparently confusing: maintainers do not
change their debconf tempaltes a *lot*.....they indeed do it fairly
rarely and I think that having some ppl whining constantly about this
had this effect for lenny: last minute templates changes are very
seldom now.

What happens a *lot* are changes to the mysql-dfsg-* packages.....at
least from my own and maybe biased, point of view.

It is hard (and not comfortable) to "point fingers" and I have too
much respect for the debian package maintainers to do this angrily.

So, well, as this is restricted to these packages, I don't think that
an announcement would be appropriate.