Re: Package name? (was: Re: Announce of the upcoming NMU for the mysql-dfsg-5.0 package

Quoting Gerfried Fuchs (rhonda@deb.at):

>  Though: Clytie's point is still there: Are the translations lost in
> between, is there so many changes that it makes the translation drop
> completely? From looking at the changelog of mysql 5.0 it is in fact
> based on the mysql 4.1 packages which were based on the mysql 4.0
> packages ...

Something that I already mentioned to maintainers each time they were
breaking templates for these packages (which happened a *lot*)...

But, indeed, that part of the work can only be done by
maintainers. We, translators, have few possible actions (except using
a compendium on our side, of course).