Setting up a language-team list (was: Re: Monitor system (was: Re: Announce of the upcoming NMU for the dtc package

On 16/06/2008, at 2:15 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (debian@helgefjell.de):
On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 06:17:06PM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
On 15/06/2008, at 3:23 AM, Christian Perrier wrote:
The best would be to set this on churro, aka i18n.debian.net

I would certainly like to use it for Vietnamese.

I'll talk to the author and come back to you as soon as I have an

Clytie, please note that this system certainly needs that the team
uses a mailing list, which archives are easily parseable for analysis,
just like Debian mailing lists are (the German team uses

Maybe could this be an opportunity to finally setup

I know you don't only work on Debian l10n, by far, and that could
require an additionnal list to monitor for you, though.

Regardless, it would be a good idea to get this list set up, in the hope that we will get some more participants. Now the Vietnamese government has decided open source is the flavour of the month, we expect to get a lot more attention from users, and hopefully that will mean more translators.

Also, it would solve your posting problems, Christian.

What do we need to do to setup the list? I remember that JC and I asked for one, but that was some time ago.

Thanks for the suggestion. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team