Re: Announce of the upcoming NMU for the dtc package

On 14/06/2008, at 7:23 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

found 472038 0.28.10-1
thanks

Quoting Yuri Kozlov (kozlov.y@gmail.com):

Huh? Where a russian translation?  #472038

The bug was closed by the maintainer, but he apparently forgot adding
the ru.po file.

I just did so in my work tree (that needed to unfuzzy a string because
a grammar error was fixed in the meantime in English strings) so don't
bother re-working on it.

Sorry for this, people. I really can't anticipate that there are bugs
that are closed by maintainers without adding the needed file...:-|

Is it reasonable to create checking steps or scripts which could catch these omissions?

That's two lost translations noticed today: there could be quite a few more, especially where translators have come and gone in the project. You really only notice this kind of problem if you are around for successive updates, and some of these files don't update often. I'm still seeing debconf updates for files which, prior to the current update, hadn't changed since I first translated them in mid-2005.

Were it not for your NMU effort, Christian, I think a lot of them still wouldn't be updated. ;)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n