Re: [D-I] dpkg master branch for i18n switched to git

On 01/09/2007, at 4:31 PM, Christian Perrier wrote:

As the dpkg team switched the development of dpkg to git as of late
July, I just finally adapted the D-I stats scripts (dpkg is listed
there in "level 5") to use the GIT repository as reference.

Given that there have been changes in the meantime to dpkg strings,
you might expect your language's stats to change a bit for level 5.

For those who previously had access to the dpkg SVN, please now use
"git-clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/dpkg/dpkg" to get the reference
git branch

(please don't expect /me to give you a course about git. That damn
thing is obscure enough for me and I just can manage to get very basic
work done with it...:-))

Well, I can't. :(

I installed it via MacPorts [1]. I can use it locally, but I can't checkout (clone) dpkg: the connection keeps timing out.
___
Pearl:~/Vietnamese/Main Projects/Debian/DebianL5/dpkg clytie$ git- clone ssh://git.debian.org/git/dpkg/dpkg Initialized empty Git repository in /Users/clytie/Vietnamese/Main Projects/Debian/DebianL5/dpkg/dpkg/.git/
ssh: connect to host git.debian.org port 22: Operation timed out
fetch-pack from 'ssh://git.debian.org/git/dpkg/dpkg' failed.
___

<sigh>

Is there anything unusual about SSH-ing to git.debian.org which we need to know? The connection is evidently not happy.

It used to be so simple: I have SVN embedded in my translation editor [2] AND my file manager [3]. Now I have to go back to email submissions for dpkg.

Are other people successfully checking out (cloning) dpkg via SSH? I'd really like to get this working. Thankyou for any help you can offer.

[1] Package Management System for OSX: http://trac.macosforge.org/ projects/macports/wiki/InstallingMacPorts

[2] LocFactoryEditor: http://www.triplespin.com/en/products/ locfactoryeditor.html

[3] PathFinder: http://www.cocoatech.com/