Re: Status of work on the Debian Pootle server i18n.debian.net:8080

On So, 2007-01-14 at 18:04 +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Done.
> > However, Bart Cornelis should have access too (not sure if he already has
> > an account). Is that supported (allowing more that one person to admin a
> > project)?
>
> It is supported, yes. However, Bart doesn't have an account yet.
>
> I gave "fjp" all rights to the debconf, di, sid and test projects.
>
> (the pootle project is actually here only because Pootle itself is not
> translated otherwise, which is a bug known by the Pootle team)
>
> > The same goes for "my" program and debconf translations though. I would
> > accept other active members of the dutch l10n team being able to modify
> > them, but not any random pootle user.
>

> Yeah, all this is configurable. The current problem I have is that
> default permissions are not strict enough and allow any random
> registered user to get the "translate" right.
>
> I need to figure out where are defaults....

We have decided to adjust the defaults rights for the next releases so
that the defaults will only include the right to suggest.

> There's also a request from some Pootle users to have the possibility
> to set permissions for a whole project instead of being forced to go
> to any project/language combination to set permissions.
>
> But I still have to read more doc about permissions.

> > > This is partially possible, I think, with the permissions management
> > > system.
> >
> > OK.
> >
> > A final question. Is there any logging of who modified which files through
> > pootle?
>
> I'm not completely sure but I would say "no" and, of course, that
> would be an interesting option to have (I don't remember anyone
> mentioning this to Javier/Friedel at the Extremadura meeting).

Not really. If you use PyLucene you will see a message in the log that
item [3] was updated and you can associate the username, filename and
item number, but this is not really usable in any real sense.

Thanks for all the good questions / suggestions, Frans.

Friedel