Re: Status of work on the Debian Pootle server i18n.debian.net:8080

> Done.
> However, Bart Cornelis should have access too (not sure if he already has
> an account). Is that supported (allowing more that one person to admin a
> project)?

It is supported, yes. However, Bart doesn't have an account yet.

I gave "fjp" all rights to the debconf, di, sid and test projects.

(the pootle project is actually here only because Pootle itself is not
translated otherwise, which is a bug known by the Pootle team)

> The same goes for "my" program and debconf translations though. I would
> accept other active members of the dutch l10n team being able to modify
> them, but not any random pootle user.

Yeah, all this is configurable. The current problem I have is that
default permissions are not strict enough and allow any random
registered user to get the "translate" right.

I need to figure out where are defaults....

There's also a request from some Pootle users to have the possibility
to set permissions for a whole project instead of being forced to go
to any project/language combination to set permissions.

But I still have to read more doc about permissions.

> > > I feel that at the very least translators should be able to lock down
> > > any (individual) or all translations for their language before any
> > > editing is allowed that could end up in uploads of packages.
> >
> > This is partially possible, I think, with the permissions management
> > system.
>
> OK.
>
> A final question. Is there any logging of who modified which files through
> pootle?

I'm not completely sure but I would say "no" and, of course, that
would be an interesting option to have (I don't remember anyone
mentioning this to Javier/Friedel at the Extremadura meeting).