Re: Localisation process and workflow

On 9/16/06, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
Actually, that process was enforced by the DDTP itself
and then you logically reproduced that mechanism in DDTSS.

To a certain extent yes, except that the DDTS doesn't require any
reviewing at all right now.

I would say that the process currently used in DDTSS should be a
possibility in the design (ie a kind of collective approval by having
a minimum number of reviewers approving a iven work for it to be
validated)...but up to the project team manager (a project team being defined as
the instersection of a project (DDTP) and a translation team (language
teams). There is one project team manager per project per team.

Sure, the possibility was considered, but nobody asked for it (which
surprised me actually) so I didn't do it. The reason I wrote the DDTSS
was also to provide a review method which is currently completely
missing in the DDTS.

If you have an alternative process you would like then we can discuss
it. Configuration is per language anyway.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/