Re: Wordforge, Pootle, GSoC, Debian

On Vr, 2006-05-26 at 00:42 +0300, Gintautas Miliauskas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> now that the application has been accepted, I would like to thank you
> all for the support and trust in me.
>
> At this moment I am a little busy with some (short-term) schoolwork,
> that's why I was not able to delve into the project from the very first
> day, and have not been active in the mailing lists.  I am sorry about
> that, I will have more free time next week.
>
> > Yes, it has been accepted. You'll probably soon hear from Gintautas
> > and his mentor, Aigars Mahinovs. Given that they live close to each
> > other (Gintautas in Lithuania and Aigars in Latvia), they plan to meet
> > ASAP.
>
> Indeed, we'll be meeting on Saturday in Riga.  Aigars has been very kind
> to allocate a little of his time to discuss the project face-to-face.
> I look forward to the meeting.
>
> By the way, now there is a lot of information floating around on
> various webpages, e-mails and wikis.  It would make a lot of sense to
> have them in one place, preferably a wiki.  The requirements could be
> sorted by type, which would help a lot to grasp the whole
> picture.  I suppose that we could use some Debian wiki, which one would
> you suggest?  The important thing is to have everything in one place
> and have people add new requirements to the document in consistent
> style and structure, don't you agree?
>
> Best regards,

Hi. I program with David on the WordForge project. I guess it is
important that Debian specific information be documented in the proper
places for Debian, but since we already have quite a lot of stuff for
the WordForge project and Pootle documented and with specifications on
the translate.sf.net wiki, perhaps everything related to that can simply
accompany the already existing documentation. This way the documentation
for the implementation of the project is in one place at least.

Just a thought.
Friedel