Re: l10n framework

Il giorno mer, 17/05/2006 alle 03.55 +0200, Denis Barbier ha scritto:
> Hi,
... I writing a long reply on this steps.... please wait.

> Another key point of the infrastructure is to provide a
> central place where developers and translators can easily
> get in touch.  For instance, if a developer has a bug
> report about a Khmer traduction, she should be able to
> contact the Khmer team.  If a user wants to report a typo
> in a program, she should find her translation team easily.
> This is mostly a question of URLs, translation teams
> could have some pages located at
>    http://l10n.debian.org/teams/<ISO_language_code>
> List aliases for language teams would be nice too.
>
> At the moment, translation teams are not visible enough
> and many users report translation errors to maintainers
> directly instead of translation teams.

What about forwarding or CCing the bug report to last-translator from
PO? Should we add a tag to BTS so that this should be automatically
done? last-translator is simple to extract from po in source packages
and I see this as the simplest way to integrate with other translation
projects.

As a Debian user and translator I will see bugs forwarded to
debian-l10i-italian but other gnome translators would not.

Just my 2¢.
Stefano

--
Stefano Canepa aka sc: sc@linux.it  http://www.stefanocanepa.it
Three great virtues of a programmer: laziness, impatience and hubris.