Re: Preview of the i18n and l10n paper for Debcon6

Javier =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fern=E1ndez-Sanguino_Pe=F1a?= <jfs@computer.org>

> For the time being, and before we provide the last version to the Debconf6
> committee we would like other people in the i18n team to review it. You can
> find it (HTML, PDF and XML versions) here:
> http://people.debian.org/~jfs/debconf6/

1.1 - is this a late April Fool? Despite this comment which I disagree
with, the paper seems to be written in USAmerican. It's always amused
me that the word localisation has to be localised for the USA (and Oxford).

1.2 - s/in their native tongue/in a familiar language/
s/in their own language/in a language they know/
- these occur repeatedly the whole paper. As a user, I don't
mind if the software is documented in French, Esperanto or
another non-English language I understand, so long as I can
use the documentation if I need to.

1.3 - should that be specially or especially in the last para?
Is "occidental" well-known? I'd usually use Western.

1.4 - s/english/English/; s/ok/OK/ - also need spellcheck.

1.5 - s/Preferred-Language/Accept-Language/ ?
s/real contect/real content/ ?

2.2 - po-debiandoc?

and so on with small errors. I did learn a lot about other
translation projects and robots, though.

> I would really appreciate if others could forward me patches improving that
> document.

No source code. Not possible.

--
MJR/slef