Re: Need more comments to clarify meaning of msgid

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 03:43:16PM +0200, Eddy Petrişor wrote:
> > Could the programmers who internationalize their packages be
> > encouraged to put comments in the msgid entry to clarify what
> > kind of object those text macro things may be?
>
> Unfortunately, afaik, the gettext tools are not that smart... Please
> contact the Serbian (KDE) translation team. I know for a fact that
> they were working last summer on a fix for this issue, as they have
> the same kind (or simillar) problems.

AFAICT you are talking about the "Context, disambiguation, translator info"
thread in
  http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=7939&viewmonth=200509
which is a different issue.  Here it looks like comments can be added
to the PO file.

Denis