Re: Need more comments to clarify meaning of msgid

> I have translated this as
>
>   Tarkistetaan osaa ${SUBST0} laitteella ${SUBST1}...
>
> but this is guesswork, I do not know if ${SUBST1} refers to a device
> (laitteella), file (tiedostossa), package (paketissa) or something
> else. Since finnish does not have words like "on" but uses postfixes,
> I gotta have a word to attach that postfix to. I could use
>
>   ${SUBST1}:lla
[..]
> Could the programmers who internationalize their packages be
> encouraged to put comments in the msgid entry to clarify what
> kind of object those text macro things may be?

Unfortunately, afaik, the gettext tools are not that smart... Please
contact the Serbian (KDE) translation team. I know for a fact that
they were working last summer on a fix for this issue, as they have
the same kind (or simillar) problems.

--
Regards,
EddyP