Re: For those who care about Hungarian translations of Debian Installer

On 20/01/2006, at 10:11 PM, HEGEDUS Hajnalka wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Labádi Máté wrote:

Ok, hungarian girls and guys,

I agree with Attila: team work.
Who is going to join the team?

I'm currently translating pppconfig,

Hey, Hajni! Welcome to deb-i18n!!

How on earth are you finding time for debian-installer translation as well as all the other stuff you are doing?? Have you given up sleep?!

so I'm in a way already involev, but I think the most important thing would be updating the existing files. Last year I asked Istvan if he needs any help with the work, but he said the only help needed is in translating new files, he can do the updates, but apparently he didn't have time for it. I'm not sure the e-mail address you use is still alive, maybe <vi@fsf.hu> worth a try, it worked for me last year.

Updates are also quicker, if you don't need to review the whole file. It can also be useful to prioritize the remaining files, according to how much use they will get in your user community. Note Christian's email about the many dselect strings in the D-I Level 4 file dpkg.

Good luck with everything! You'll see me waving a friendly hand at you occasionally, from near the bottom of the /po directory. ;)