Re: Committing D-I manual files

On 26/12/2005, at 1:23 AM, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:

This is the problem. You need to have a checked out working copy of
the development tree (or subdirectory), where you do your changes and
then check it in (svn commit).

Move the files you have edited to somewhere safe, do
  svn co
as instructed in the guides, do your editing again or perhaps back
copy the files you had edited previously, and commit the altered files
back. It should work now since svn stores in the working copy the
information it needs to put the files to the right place in the
version control repository.

Thankyou. I've tried checking out the manual/po/vi directory, but I can't find the right address to use when checking out.

I'm not running Debian: I use Mac OSX.

I think the manual translation docs assume you're running Debian: they don't specify the address to use with SVN to check out manual directories. I tried:

svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk/packages/po manual/vi/po

and got the Debian-Installer Level 1

svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i manual/po/vi

and the _whole Installer_ is checking out!

Help!