Re: Persian Language

Quoting Frans Pop (aragorn@tiscali.nl):
> Hello Ali,
>
> On Saturday 24 December 2005 14:46, Invisible Defender wrote:
> >   Debian is very nice OS.
> >   but didn't Support Persian(farsi) language.
>
> But it does support Persian! Translation has already started (currently at
> 60%) for the installation system and is included in the Etch Beta1
> release of the installer [1]. I don't know about other packages though.
>
> I suggest you contact the existing translators and coordinate with them to
> see where you can help. I'll send you their email addresses in a separate
> (private) mail.

Please note that I got no news from them for a while and the Persian
translation hasn't got any update since months.

And, actually, "them" is mostly Arash Bijanzadeh. Radwan Khayat, who
is also mentioned, in the translators list, hasn't begin any work yet,
as far as I know (he's the brother of Ossama, the Arabic
translator...)

In case there coul dbe an opportunity to revive the Persian
translation, I think we have to coordinate first with Arash, if we can
get some reply from him.

Otherwise, without news, we can continue with you.