Re: Committing D-I manual files

On Monday 26 December 2005 05:10, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> I think the manual translation docs assume you're running Debian:
> they don't specify the address to use with SVN to check out manual
> directories. I tried:
> svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk/packages/po manual/vi/po

That obviously will not work: the manual is below trunk, not packages/po.

> svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/d-i manual/po/vi
> and the _whole Installer_ is checking out!

That's not correct either.

The file:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/d-i/trunk/manual/translations.txt?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
documents the correct way to do this:

<snip>
If you only want to work on the manual, you can retrieve the relevant part
of the repository using:
svn co svn+ssh://<username>@svn.d-i.alioth.debian.org/svn/d-i/trunk/manual
</snip>

This file is clearly linked from: