Re: Committing D-I manual files

On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 11:26:45PM +1030, Clytie Siddall wrote:
> I'm only just getting back to trying to use Subversion etc., so sorry
> if this is a dumb question.
>

> Neither worked: Subversion said:
> _____
> ### Sunday, 25 December 2005 11:13:15 PM
>
> Retrieving Revision Status
>
> subversion/libsvn_wc/lock.c:376: (apr_err=155007)
> svn: '/Users/clytie/Vietnamese/Main Projects/Debian/manual' is not a
> working copy
> _____

This is the problem. You need to have a checked out working copy of
the development tree (or subdirectory), where you do your changes and
then check it in (svn commit).

Move the files you have edited to somewhere safe, do
  svn co
as instructed in the guides, do your editing again or perhaps back
copy the files you had edited previously, and commit the altered files
back. It should work now since svn stores in the working copy the
information it needs to put the files to the right place in the
version control repository.

--
Tapio Lehtonen
tapio.lehtonen@iki.fi