Re: English double spaces after punctuation, was: About dpkg translation, please consider i18n when choosing words

Clytie wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion: I should have been more specific. I was =20
> talking about teaching the language itself, not typing. [...]

Well, the text we're using is typed text. In handwriting,
many English will leave a longer break after . than , still.

> Speaking of groff, are you involved at all in its i18n future? [...]

Sadly not. I started using groff because Ted Harding demo'd it at
the Anglian LUG www.alug.org.uk and it's lots smaller than tetex.
I'd welcome any recent news. I've not noticed problems myself,
although I've not tried utf8 input (rather than output) recently.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/