Team motivation (was: Re: temporary update page)

On 04/06/2005, at 9:53 AM, Jean Christophe André wrote:

I've finally changed my sig., too: we've been gnome-vi, four of us trying to translate for everybody,

FYI, every computer I install in Vietnam is configured to use your work: Debian GNU/Linux "sarge" with a Gnome desktop and locales for french and vietnamese at a minimum. Even at home, my (vietnamese) wife is happy to get a vietnamese interface! Thanks a lot to your team, and Debian people of course! :)

Jean-Christophe, we are really happy to hear that. :) That's what we're working for: and at home is, as you know, the most important thing for us. Making sure your wife is happy using her computer in Vietnamese at home is much more important to me than providing localized software for businesses to use. Please tell her:

Chị rất vui lòng vì có thể giúp đỡ em sử dụng máy tính bằng Việt ngữ. Chị chúc em và gia đình gặp mạnh khỏe và hành phúc. :)

(I am very happy to be able to help you use your computer in Vietnamese. [Cultural personal good wishes].)

I use every piece of software I can in Vietnamese. It feels so good to see my language come up on my computer. As I think I've said before, internationalizing software isn't about how good your English is: it's about who you are.

Clytie Siddall--Renmark, in the Riverland of South Australia

Ở thành phố Renmark, tại miền sông của Nam Úc