Re: D-I progress

> Hmm, that makes me feel I'm working at this from the wrong end, from
> the point of view of current Vietnamese users. If I were working on
> daily-use apps., they could use them right away, while my current
> effort on the installer is not available, and we don't know how long it
> will continue unavailable. It's rather discouraging. :(

Well, if you're seeking immediate result, maybe.

However, and all translators for other languages will confirm this to
you, having a given language visible *immediately* when you first boot
the installation CD is a huge positive sign and bumps up the use of
localised environments for this language.

So, even if you're working for something that will not be visible now,
it will becomre visible in the first Debian Installer release we will
make after the Sarge distribution is released. We can expect that in
the second semester of this year. moreover, as soon as we open the
gates, the daily builds of Debian Installer will use your
translations....so, starting on July 2005, there will be ISO images
with Vietnamese localisation (working or not, then we will see...).