Re: Demographic analysis of debian user's language (was Re: b-f one-liner needs translating

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 05, 2002 at 08:07:57AM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> >
> > Question.  How many Catalan speakers will be unable to get by with one
> > of the es, fr or maybe even pt versions?
>
> I do not want to go over a language-battle but most of the people
> Jordi pointed out would be able to use 'es' or 'fr' installations.
> However, they would probably be more comfortable by using their main
> language.

Neither do I, but when we are talking priorities for inclusion I would
weigh this kind of information rather heavily.  So if it were up to me
(which it isn't), I would not chop Polish in favour of Catalan; and if
there is going to be more languages on a second floppy (hi Claus), I'd
probably put Catalan there and leave Polish on the first.
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            Epson Kowa Corporation, CID
LPIC-2               -- I hack, therefore I am --                 BOFH