Re: Demographic analysis of debian user's language (was Re: b-f one-liner needs translating

tir, 2002-03-05 kl. 13:36 skrev Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña:
> 	I do not want to go over a language-battle but most of the people
> Jordi pointed out would be able to use 'es' or 'fr' installations.
> However, they would probably be more comfortable by using their main
> language.

I would really hate that idea. In my oppinion it is wrong if Debian
refuses to support *any* national language whatever user base it may
have. No matter wether the selection would be based on religion, size or
educational level of its native population, support of the war against
teorism or the state of Israel/Palestine --- if there are active
translation teams doing the translation work.

Why not provide an optional extra root disks if that could give equal
support for all nations [with active translators] instead of having to
rank them against each other and throw away months of work?

If it is only a matter of small modications to the makefiles, I hope
somebody capable would stand up and do this - and that it is accepted
for inclusion into b-f.

Sincerely,

Claus Hindsgaul