Re: virtio support

On Tue, 2016-02-09 at 15:32 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Ritesh Raj Sarraf, on Tue 09 Feb 2016 18:44:29 +0530, wrote:
> > When you say plain kvm, I'm assuming you're on the same as I am.
> >
> > rrs@learner:/var/tmp/hurd$ dpkg -S `which kvm`
> > qemu-kvm: /usr/bin/kvm
> > 2016-02-09 / 18:43:50 ♒♒♒  ☺
> >
> > rrs@learner:/var/tmp/hurd$ cat `which kvm`
> > #! /bin/sh
> > exec qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm "$@"
> > 2016-02-09 / 18:44:00 ♒♒♒  ☺
>
> Yes, and version 1:2.5+dfsg-5

Thanks for confirming that. That's the same version I have installed.
But I ran into all these performance issues, where my CPU was spiking.

I've moved the same setup to VirtualBox and I do get the performance
that you mentioned. So for sure, Debian GNU/Hurd is working fine. The
performance issues must be specific to my setup of kvm/libvirt + Debian
GNu/Hurd.

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com