Re: virtio support

On Mon, 2016-02-08 at 20:21 +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > I think all these should be filed individually as bugs ? Or should
> > just keep reporting them on the mailing list ?
>
> Well, more importantly, these issues should be investigated. I have
> never seen these, and will probably not be able to reproduce them,
> and
> least fix them. Without investigation on the systems where they
> happen,
> there's little hope we get any kind of idea of what is happening.

The state of Debian GNU/Hurd is still painful.

So yesterday, after I reported to you about the SSH issue, the OS was
hung on the sshd process. It couldn't even terminate the process. So I
had to reset the box.

Upon reset, as expected, I ran into file system inconsistency issue. So
now I had an install that was not bootable.

The tricky part is on how to debug such states. At that point, when it
is in boot-up, I do not have a (emergency) shell. The login program
just loops and respawns. So, I've not found a way to debug these
problems. My only option is to revert back to my good working snapshot.

So do you have any advise on how to root cause these ?

--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT - http://www.researchut.com