Re: Crosshurd and RAM

Michael Banck wrote:
It seems the --force-auto-select option got recently removed from dpkg,
so crosshurd will have to be changed to suppor that.

I've made a little bit of search and realized that the option --force-auto-select was default option in dpkg if not selected. With the version 1.15.2 this option is no more available, so i think obsolete and no more necessary. I then change the "native-install" on the source of crosshurd, just by remove the option:

# install base packages
for i in /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb ; do
    dpkg --force-auto-select --force-overwrite --force-confold \
    --skip-same-version --unpack $i
done
result

# install base packages
for i in /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb ; do
    dpkg --force-overwrite --force-confold \
    --skip-same-version --unpack $i
done
on lines 158-162 of the script. I then rebuild the package and obtained the "new" native-install on /gnu. Without the "obsolete option" I could run native-install just till the end with no problem. I had my apt, etc/fstab, ... all fine!

The only thing is that I don't know how to setup my network... the same is with the CD install; I have took a look on this http://www.mail-archive.com/debian-hurd@lists.debian.org/msg17069.html but I don't have idea of what's the meaning... With devprobe I don't have any problem to see my eth0... I don't have errors setting up settrans but by for example "apt-get update" I can go on the network. With the same network card and the same network settings (IP, gateway and subnetmask) don't have problem to surf with debian GNU/Linux.

Ciao

Bruno