Re: Crosshurd and RAM

> Then something went wrong, because the apt package certainly is in the
> set of packages to install.  Which version of crosshurd did you use?

1.7.33 with debian-ports unreleased and debian sid
(ftp.<mirror>.debian.org/debian) repository.
I'm running a debian squeeze with debian Linux kernel 2.6.26 (revision 15,
i386).

Like describe on my last mail, I had to patch the mach with the "samuel
patch" (on vorlast mail) to boot with more then 768 Mb RAM.

> you don't have the /etc/fstab file,
> Did you run "native-install" after booting into your Hurd?

I run "native-install" one time after boot on single user mode (I although
try to export the TERM=mach without difference); the installer "installed"
a lot of packages, however with a lot of dependencies problems. I could
anyway setup my region and my time-zone till the end of the installer (at
least I mean).

>> it's not possible to set  the network with pfinet,
>
> You need to be more specific here - I guess it is the same problem as
> above, i.e. native-install did not setup the core translators.

The network interface will be recognized with eth0 after devprobe. I don't
have any error to setup the translator with "settrans -fgap
/servers/socket/2 /hurd/pfinet -i eth0 -a a.b.c.d -g e.f.g.h -m i.j.k.l"
but after that, it's not possible to ping my router (after install of the
package "inetutils-ping") or to reach the network "apt-get update".
/etc/resolv.conf is set correct. By shutdown I've got a message about
pfinet, something like "pfinet will be down", unfortunately I'm yet at work
and can't control.

Thnak's for helping :-)

Bruno