Re: K15 mini iso

On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 10:51:06AM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 November 2007 06:42, Michael Banck wrote:
> I am still working on the mkfs.ext2 block size problem.  It is nasty as
> any solution involves working with the binaries in initrd.  I now
> remember the problem from when I first built the boot-floppies five years
> ago.  I still have a couple of tricks to try up my sleeve.  Calicut has
> probably run into the same problem.  I have not started on the discs as
> such.

Calicut have it easy because they use a shell script instead of binaries
in an initrd, so it'd be a matter of search and replace (I pointed it
out to one of them a while ago I think)

Anyway, this is not a regression from K14 (or any earlier release since
the ext2-for-large-stores patch for > 2GB got applied), so I don't think
it absolutely needs fixing now.  I also understand that having to hack
around in the GNU/Linux parts of K* is not very nice.

> > We will update the core hurd and glibc packages shortly, and I think
> > using the currently known stable ones would be better.
>
> I can freeze my archive.  I have yet to update my working version
> Latest version ftp-master.debian.org:-  Mon 26 Nov.
> Working version   Sun 25 Nov.
> Could you give me a time when to freeze.

Well, not sure when a good time would be.  I am not sure whether you can
freeze the archive and then add very specific packages for
uninstallability issues or bugs.  If you can, I guess it wouldn't hurt
to freeze now.

Hrm, maybe we could run some QA tools on the Packages.gz of the archive
which could report e.g. uninstallable packages.  Not sure what exactly
is available in this field or whether you're doing so already.

Michael