Re: K15 mini iso

On Tuesday 27 November 2007 06:42, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 06:37:17PM +1300, Philip Charles wrote:
> > I will quietly work on the revisions and let everyone how I get on.
>
> I am not sure at which point of the K15 process you are at, but I think
> now would be a good time to release it, unless you hit major issues.

I am still working on the mkfs.ext2 block size problem.  It is nasty as
any solution involves working with the binaries in initrd.  I now
remember the problem from when I first built the boot-floppies five years
ago.  I still have a couple of tricks to try up my sleeve.  Calicut has
probably run into the same problem.  I have not started on the discs as
such.

> We will update the core hurd and glibc packages shortly, and I think
> using the currently known stable ones would be better.

I can freeze my archive.  I have yet to update my working version
Latest version ftp-master.debian.org:-  Mon 26 Nov.
Working version   Sun 25 Nov.
Could you give me a time when to freeze.

> I hope most important packages are installable right now, I think gtk+
> and aptitude are currently.
>
> Two important packages which I know are not installable are vim and
> emacs22, I suggest including the matching Arch: all package from
> snapshot.debian.net to the binary-dependent ones which are currently in
> the archive.

Thanks for this.

> If you have any other issues, let me know and I'll see whether I/we can
> fix it short-term.

Phil.

   +64 3 488 2818        Fax +64 3 488 2875        Mobile 027 663 4453
   philipc@copyleft.co.nz - personal.    info@copyleft.co.nz - business