Re: ssh, /dev/urandom

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 05:48:02PM -0500, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
> If my number theory was stronger, and I was more familiar with the
> related code, I would be rather tempted, but my programming background
> leans far more to compilers and API definitions, translations and
> interfaces, as well as user interfaces. You don't usually want your
> compilers introducing too much entropy into the code they produce.

Writing interfaces and glue code and getting it to compile is 99% of the
work in most projects we have.  Another 0.9% is stealing working code from
other projects (there are lots of random pool mixers out there that we can
just plug in, and we do: My random translator is based on gnupg's entropy
mixer).  The remaining 0.1% is writing real code ;)

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/